In osteochondrosis of the cervical spine assumes degenerate-degenerative pathology which affects the disks located between the vertebrae. The disease is diagnosed mostly among people 30 to 50 years, but can occur in other age. It is important to identify the pathology and appropriate treatment. If you do not, the disease passes to a new stage of development, which may result in the need for surgery to replace the intervertebral discs of the prosthesis.
The causes of the disease
Osteochondrosis of the neck occurs for the following reasons:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- a poor diet;
- pre-existing injuries of the spine, especially if the have been damaged segments of the cervical spine;
- excessive exercise;
- stay in the same position for a tilt of the head for a long time for this reason, the pathology is often diagnosed in office workers, working at the computer;
- a genetic predisposition;
- unstable emotional background;
- the cooling of the neck region;
- to autoimmune pathology, the result of the development, which injured the cartilage tissue;
- the poor structure of the spine, a diagnosis at birth.
The development of the degenerative disc disease cervical also contribute to a genetic predisposition.
The degree and types of the disease
Osteochondrosis cervical goes through several stages of development, each of which is different from a certain pattern of symptoms:
- The disease of the first step. This is the beginning of the development of pathology. The patient, the pain in the affected area, which has amplified the movement. This step is also characterized by the tension of the muscles of the back and fatigue fast. The pathology at this stage does not need treatment. Of the disease, you can get rid of using a good system of diet, exercise and get rid of the bad dependencies.
- The second stage of the illness. As the disease progresses, striking the intervertebral discs. Their height decreases, resulting in a reduction of the distance between the vertebrae of the spine and interference to the nerves are. As a result, the pain syndrome becomes more pronounced. It is reinforced by the movements of the head and gives in the shoulders or the hands. You will also receive a such symptoms – inattention, fatigue, pain syndrome in the head. For the treatment of the pathology is a system for the receipt of medicines.
- The third degree of the disease. Begin to form of the herniated disc. The syndrome of the pain intensifies. The pain is localized in the region of the neck and head, and gives in the shoulders and arms. Appear dizziness, the patient feels a weakness. The neck loses mobility. Especially stiffness is felt in the morning.
- The fourth stage of the disease. The intervertebral disc is completely destroyed. Their place is a connective tissue. The pain increases and does not disappear, even during sleep, the neck is almost fully stops spinning, the dizziness economic frquent, the patient loses coordination of movements and the appearance of noise in the ears.
The clinical picture
Osteochondrosis SHOP manifests itself in different ways, depending on the defeat of the specific segments. However, there are a whole range of symptoms characteristic of the injury all the vertebrae of the division:
- the syndrome of pain in the region of the head, used in the chest, arms, shoulders;
- the deterioration of vision and hearing;
- the creaking while driving the neck;
- numbness of fingers and upper limbs and the death of the language;
- the weakness in the muscles of the hands, the feet;
- the increase of the blood pressure.
The pathology is also characterized by certain syndromes, each of which is described in detail below.
When osteochondrosis cervical occurs a pinching of the nerves are to l', resulting in flowing the pain syndrome. Pain radiating into the shoulders and arms. Also appears the next symptoms:
- the small bumps at the base of the hair on the epidermis, which is in common to call him the creeps;
- tingling of the skin;
- the loss of elasticity and flexibility of the epidermis;
- swelling of the soft tissues;
- the paleness of the skin.
The syndrome of the vertebral artery
Characterized by next symptoms:
- burning or throbbing, permanent or paroxysmal pain syndrome, which is enhanced by the movements of the head or stay in the same position for a long period of time;
- dizziness and fainting;
- the loss of coordination of movements;
- tinnitus and hearing loss;
- the pain in the eyes;
- the deterioration of the vision.
The syndrome of migraine cervical
If you have osteochondrosis of the cervical spine of the spine, it can lead to the emergence of a syndrome of the neck of the migraine. In this case, the irritation of the knots nice post. A result of problems with the blood vessels of the brain and the bloodstream. This leads to a steady increase in the blood pressure, characterized by the following symptoms:
- the noise and the ringing in the ears;
- the deterioration of hearing.
Hypertension, the syndrome of
If the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine led to the emergence of hypertensive syndrome the patient's increased intracranial pressure. Any of the following symptoms:
- arching the back pain syndrome;
- nausea with impulses vomiting
- the increase of the temperature of the body.
The study of the blood shows an increase of the sedimentation rate.
For the diagnosis of the pathology to prescribe instrumental research and analysis in the laboratory.
If you are experiencing symptoms of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine, it is recommended to consult a doctor. Only a specialist can diagnose the pathology. To do this, the professional refers to those instrumental from the study:
- The x-rays. Such a study is prescribed rarely, because it does not give a complete picture of the evolution of the pathology, in particular on the 4 stages of the disease.
- CT. Allows you to identify the changes that have taken place at the level of the vertebrae. However, this study cannot determine the presence of hernias between the segments, and therefore, can do nothing on their shape and size.
- MRI. Allows you to identify any violation of the spine, including herniated.
- Duplex ULTRASOUND. Such a study is prescribed in this case, if you suspect problems with the circulation of the blood through the vessels of the spinal column of the neck. Duplex ULTRASONOGRAPHY shows the presence of blood circulation disorders, as well as the obstacles to the normal flow of blood.
When osteochondrosis cervical is appointed general and of the chemistry of the blood. These studies do not allow to diagnose a disease, but a doctor can determine the state of health of the patient, as well as to obtain information on the inflammatory process.
The traditional treatment
The treatment of the osteoarthritis of the cervical spine means a physician. The therapy takes place is very difficult and takes a long period of time. The treatment aims to stop the development of the disease and eliminate the symptoms. To do this, system is the reception of the medicines, physiotherapy, physical THERAPY and other procedures. If the conservative treatment has not given the desired result, the fact of the rapid response.
First aid in case of acute exacerbations
The first help provided to a patient, in this case, if he feels an intolerable pain and if caught the neck in one position. It is recommended to directly call the brigade, the Ambulance and the arrival of the specialists act in the following manner:
- Rub the wound ointment analgesic.
- Give the patient an analgesic.
- Make a poultice with camphor – it will help you all to restore the mobility of joints, improves the microcirculation of the blood and relieve the pain.
Before the arrival of the doctors can't:
- Try to make a patient of massage. A false move will lead to a worsening of the situation.
- Rub in traumatized segment on the warming ointment. If the disease is accompanied by an inflammatory process, then the use of such a tool will make the situation worse.
The specialists of the ambulance to arrival, either to solve the problem on the spot or delivered the patient to the hospital. The treatment of cervical osteoarthritis will be designated after the execution of diagnostic activities. Generally, after an emergency patient goes home therapy outpatient.
The treatment of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine is based on the receipt of these medicines:
- The tools, which have anti-inflammatory properties. These products eliminate the symptoms of the disease. The tools also stop the inflammatory process and eliminate the swelling of the binding nerve injury. Tablets consume 2 to 3 times per day after meals. Duration of treatment – 2-3 weeks.
- Muscle relaxants. Eliminate the spasm of the muscles and tone up the muscle tissue.
- The corticosteroids. This is a hormone drug of base. The tool prescribed only in cases where other drugs have proven their ineffectiveness. The drugs have a large number of contraindications and side effects, their use for the treatment can be prescribed by a doctor.
- Diuretics (water pills). Relieve the body of excess fluid. Thanks to this, the drugs contribute to the removal of swelling of the soft tissues in place of the inflammatory process.
- Blockers. Doctors usually prescribe medications by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection. Drugs administered in a number of points of sale in the neighborhood of the injured spine. This allows to cut off the pain syndrome.
- Chondroprotectors. Stop the development of pathology, and to contribute to the reconstruction of injured cartilage.
- The vitamins of group S. Improving the metabolism and neuromuscular conduction.
The quick intervention of prescribing to the last phase of development of the disease, and only the ineffectiveness of conservative treatment. The evaluation of the treatment results pass through the six months. In the absence of an effect of performing a surgical procedure. The operation may affect earlier, if you are experiencing unbearable pain or has produced the paralysis of the members.
Exercises for the neck
The treatment of pathology of the house is not only based on the use of drugs, but also on the execution of the exercises. LFK means a physician. The lessons are only in the period of remission of the disease. To get rid of the pinching, it is recommended to perform these exercises:
- Lying on the belly with an emphasis hands in the soil perform the rise of the head and trunk. The exercise is repeated 2-3 times with a lock at the top for 2-3 minutes.
- Lying on stomach, perform the repetitions in the one and in the other, in the case of the ear sex. The number of repetitions – 7 in each direction.
- Sitting on the ground, looking in front for the chin of the chest, after which lean back, having thrown back a head. The exercise performed 10-15 times.
- Sitting put the hand on the forehead and wring out. Then, under the pressure of the head on the palm. The number of repetitions – 2-3.
- Standing perform the rotation of the head of first one, then the other side. The number of repetitions – 10.
To get rid of cervical osteoarthritis, also prescribed physiotherapy treatments. This treatment allows to get rid of the symptoms of the disease and promotes recovery of the injured cartilage. The habit of prescribing such procedures:
- The laser therapy. The essence of the method – the impact of the laser on the affected area of the spine. It improves the microcirculation of the blood and stops the inflammatory process.
- Electrophoresis. The procedure is carried out with painkillers prescription. The essence of the method – the impact on the injured body of a small charge of electric current to the passage of ions with medicines in the area of the spine.
- The ultrasound scan. The procedure improves the metabolic processes occurring in cells, managing the pain and stop the inflammatory process.
- The magnet therapy. Reduces swelling of the soft tissues and relieves pain.
To improve the effectiveness of the therapy may also be assigned to other methods of treatment:
- massage cervico-area;
- manual therapy;
- acupuncture and other procedures.
The treatment of cervical spine osteochondrosis will be ineffective, if not to observe certain rules of supply. The diet will help to:
- to avoid the appearance of a lack of nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals involved in the metabolism of the tissue cells of the intervertebral disc;
- normalize the mass of the body, which reduces the load on the spine;
- minimize the likelihood of arteriosclerotic changes of the vessels, to reduce the risk of interruption of the blood supply of the brain.
The basic principles of the correct feeding during osteochondrosis cervical:
- the diet should be balanced with a daily dose of calories – 1200-1500;
- food take small portions of 5-6 times per day;
- meet drinking treatment for the prevention of dehydration of the tissues of the intervertebral disc in a day drink minimum of 1.5 liters of liquid;
- limit the consumption of salt, because it delays the fluid in the body, causing the appearance of a swelling of the tissue;
- limit the consumption of starch and bakery products;
- are excluded from the diet fatty, fried, spicy, smoked;
- refuse to consume alcoholic beverages and sodas are sweet, as well as locations of shops of fruit juice in cartons;
- in the menu, introduce fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, low-fat varieties of fish, rice, milk and dairy products, with a minimum percentage by weight of fat.
Yet osteochondrosis cervical to improve the situation, doctors recommend to use tibetan applicator. It is a device with nails, made from plastic, which have an impact on the epidermis. The patient applies an applicator to a site, and takes the supine position. After rubbing the receptors of the epidermis, involved in the physiological processes of the body.
This procedure gives the following result:
- and the normalization of the discharge of sleep, improves the quality and duration of night;
- stopped by the pain syndrome;
- improves the microcirculation of the blood;
- retrieves the mobility of the joints;
- to increase the efficiency.
Tibetan applicator contraindications:
- the pathology of the epidermis;
- the diseases caused by the infections;
- disease of the vessels;
- cancer of the pathology of malignant nature.
Use the device only after consulting a specialist.
The use of alternative medicine – another way of treating the neck of the back pain. These medicines are used only with the permission of the doctor. Traditional medicine to increase the efficacy of pharmacotherapy. For the treatment of the disease as independent of the drugs cannot be used. Here are the recipes of alternative medicine for the treatment of degenerative disc disease.
A poultice of cabbage leaf
The leaf of cabbage is a little discourage a hammer to soften them. After that, he lay down on a problem area and protect against the cold. Compresses keep a few hours. The procedure is performed every day. Instead of cabbage leaf, you can use the leaves of horseradish.
Ointment base cones of hops
The necessary components:
- ground into powder hop cones – 1 large spoon;
- butter – 1 large spoon.
The products connect and stir. The received structure to treat the affected area and secure isolated cuff. The compresses take a few minutes to several hours. The procedure is performed every day. Ointment stored in the refrigerator.
Honey-poultice of potatoes
The necessary ingredients:
- grated of raw potato – 1 big spoon;
- honey – 1 large spoon.
Components mix and placed in a piece of gauze. The wrap secure on the problematic field to 20 minutes. The procedure spend 1 time per 7 days.
The prevention of the disease
Avoid the appearance of a pathology to help these preventive measures:
- lead an active life – sports, better to swim;
- enrich the diet of the products containing magnesium and calcium;
- several times a day to the training when the sedentary work;
- use for a night of rest, orthopedic, bedding;
- all the days take a hot shower for 10 minutes;
- abandon the excessive exercise;
- consult with your doctor on a regular basis and in a timely manner to proceed with the therapy of the pathologies that can trigger the onset of osteoarthritis cervical.
That dangerous osteochondrosis of the neck
The main danger of the disease lies in the fact that the absence of timely and qualified treatment can cause complete immobilization of the joints, leading to disability. In addition, the wedging of the cervical vertebrae have a negative impact on the blood supply to the brain. Therefore, headaches and other diseases. For this reason, ignore the pathology is not.
The Cervical osteochondrosis of the pathology of the spine, which in the absence timely qualified treatment leads to tragic consequences. To avoid this, it is recommended to consult a doctor after the onset of the first symptoms of the disease.